Brow Lift Harley Street, London
About Brow Lift
It is not uncommon for the skin on our forehead or brow to furrow and appear saggy as we get older. This may also cause the area around your eyebrows to also droop. Brow lift surgery is a procedure to lift the area directly above the eyes which in most cases impacts on the eyebrows and the forehead areas. It involves lifting the brow itself and tightening the muscles which have relaxed over time, as well as tightening any loose skin in the area and reducing excess fatty tissue.
In some cases the surgeon will recommend the use of anchors to optimise the end result. These anchors are biodegradable and will be absorbed by the body over time.
While brow lift surgery is predominantly performed for cosmetic reasons, drooping brows and upper eye lids can affect a person peripheral vision in some cases and this procedure can help rectify the situation.
Benefits of Brow Lift Surgery
- Improved self-confidence and self-esteem
- A more youthful and fresher facial appearance
- It may help to correct asymmetry of the forehead and eyebrows
There are several options for a brow lift depending on the specific issues you wish to correct, the quality of your skin and extent of the work required. At your consultation your surgeon will review your options and
Open Brow Lift
- An incision is made from ear to ear, either along or slightly behind the natural hairline.
- If the hairline is very high, for instance in men with receding hair, the incision can be hidden within the forehead creases.
- The forehead skin is detached from the underlying tissues and the muscle structure modified as required. Eyebrows are moved in to the desired position.
- The incision is then stitched closed.
- This operation normally takes 1½ hour to complete.
Endosopic Brow Lift
- This procedure is slightly more complex than the open brow lift.
- Between 3 to 5 small incisions, less than 2.5cm long are made in the scalp.
- The surgeon inserts an endoscope which is a small flexible tube with a tiny camera at one end.
- Surgical instruments are inserted via the other incisions and the skin is detached from the underlying muscle and fatty tissue.
- Muscles structure is then modified as required. The eyebrows are lifted and held in place with stitches, or temporary anchors behind the hairline. The incisions are stitched closed
- This operation normally takes 2 hours to complete.
Brow Lift Prices
Brow Lift starts from £6,380
Find out more about our procedures or to book a consultation please call us on 0203 489 9484 or click here to book online.
|Eye & Brow Surgery||Price|
|Brow lift (either open or endoscopic) with General & Sedation (1 Night)||£6,380|
|Brow lift using Endotine Anchors with General & Sedation (1 Night)||£7,590|